Thursday, November 5, 2015

What Was Supposed to Be Whimsy Wednesday ~ Star Pincushion




Missed it again! I can blame it partly on having a horrible migraine for several days that still won't go away and the fact that I've been to pay respects at the funeral home three times in a week... a fourth time if you go back a couple of weeks. I hope to get back on track by Monday.

For what was supposed to be Whimsy Wednesday, I made another pincushion for those of you who need one... or collect them! This matches the Lavender Ticking Puzzle Ball Pin cushion and the Lavender Ticking Triangle Pincushion that I made last month for my Early Work Mercantile page. This is based on a couple of antiques I have in my collection.

This is completely hand-stitched by me. I used vintage ticking, vintage bark cloth, and recycled wool. I stuffed each section with 100% wool scraps and topped it off with a vintage button from my collection.

It's about 4" tall x 8" across.

$55 (plus shipping)

Email me to purchase.


I have more custom orders to work on, but in between letting glued pieces dry (these are paper whimsy orders), I am sure I will still be doing handwork... pincushions (new styles based on my antiques), penny rugs, and more!

Thanks for stopping by again!

God bless,
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment