Thursday, May 14, 2015

Country Living and Making Do, Part 2



Last week I shared a rustic cedar log bench that Roger made. We've been getting some use out of it already. If we get up in time before he has to go to work, we walk down to the patio by the stream, sit on the bench, and drink our coffee. It's beautiful and peaceful... we listen to the birds sing, hear the squirrels chattering away, and see the sun begin to peek through the trees. We also go down there in the evenings after he gets home from work and we are finished working in the yard and garden.

This week I wanted to show you the little herb garden... well, it's not an herb garden yet... but I see it in my mind! :) We haven't had chickens in several years and we decided to tear down the old chicken wire fence and attach the log fence to the chicken coop... which will make the perfect little garden shed!

The little overhang on the back and the cage will be taken off soon.

Roger's looking it over after we removed the chicken wire.

Roger used several small cedar trees to make a rustic fence for the garden. The photos above and below are in progress shots.


Just a little more work and the fence will be finished!





My sweet autumn clematis has had a rough time for several years, getting moved numerous times, but it's finally in a place where it can stay and thrive

What you don't see yet is this: Roger has tilled the topsoil in areas where we want a walkway and I have shoveled it out of the path. We will pour a walkway using a Quikcrete Walk Maker form. I'll have more photos of that later.

We are having to take a break due to medical necessity... Roger's having carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow and will be out of commission for a while. When that hand heals and a few months have passed, he'll have surgery on the other hand. Then, when I can, I will most likely have the same surgery on my hand. I already had it on my right hand several years ago and my left hand is getting much worse recently.

I still have more photos to share of other lawn and garden projects we've recently done. I'm just filtering them through a little at a time.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Blessings,
Lana


P.S. Due to so much going on, I won't be opening my own website as planned (at least for a while longer). Instead I am re-opeing my Etsy shops. Links may be found through tabs at the top of this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment