Tuesday, January 6, 2015

The Work of Our Hands


Roger has been busy in his shop for months in the evenings and weekends, mostly working on a 1951 8N FORD tractor. It amazes me that he can take something like that apart (motor included), have hundreds of pieces scattered here and there, and then put it all back together and have it start right up. He's really something and I am blessed to be his wife.

He's also a talented woodworker and can build or make anything he sees or imagines in his mind. Last week he made this ~


a lovely lidded cedar box, freshly turned on the wood lathe. The lathe he uses isn't high-tech. As a matter of fact, it's one he built using motors and pulleys he rounded up from different places, and then assembled on a metal stand... which he also made. Did I say that guy has talent? :) 



It still needs a finish of some sort, perhaps a few coats of my handmade beeswax paste to bring out the gorgeous color and grain of the cedar wood.

Have a blessed day,
Lana

"And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it." Psalm 90:17

1 comment:

  1. Oh my! I am so happy you visited me, then to visit you and find myself lost in the beautiful whimsy of the art you create.
    I am so going to enjoy all the art you create, I feel right at home here artistically and will be inspired to paint more often.

    Thank you for taking the time to visit my place of inspiration.

    Xx
    Dore

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete