Thursday, July 10, 2014

I Didn't Know It Was This Easy!


Finally! I didn't know it was so easy... once I figured it out... to print my photographs and artwork directly onto blank store bought note cards! No more printing art on photo paper, then cutting each one out with decorative scissors, and then affixing to a note card! I know I can have cards printed by VistaPrint, PSPrints, and other places, but this way, I can print smaller quantities till I know which ones are more popular.


I spent the better part of yesterday googling "how to print note cards at home"... finding all kinds of templates, youtube videos, blog tips, etc. but each time I ran into something that didn't work for me.

Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 would probably have worked, but it is sooooo slooooowww and I had to restart my laptop several times. I finally gave up.
PrintMaster 16 is a favorite of mine, but it didn't have my note card size listed and I never did find a place where I could add a custom size. I gave up on that one, too.
Finally I went back to good ol' tried and true Microsoft Works Word Processor. Yes, mine is from 2005, but I love it. I chose my paper size, orientation, set my printer properties, fiddled with the margins a bit, added a photo on one side and my artist info on the other side... and I had cards printing!!! Whoo-hoo! :)


I printed lots and lots of cards... till I ran out of paper, lol!
The set I'm sharing with you today is my Summer Garden series... no the horse weather vane wasn't in the garden but it was overlooking the flower garden!


It is an assorted set, 4 cards (4" x 5.5") & envelopes, packed in clear cellophane sleeves;
$10 (plus $3 for 1st class shipping in the U.S).
Just EMAIL ME if interested and I can send you a PayPal invoice. I'll get them in my Etsy shop by the weekend for those of you that want to shop via Etsy.



Now that I know how to do this, I'll be going back through my older photos to see what I can use for cards! Get ready! ;-)

Take care & God bless,
Lana

4 comments:

  1. These are amazing Lana!!! I can't wait to see more of your beautiful photography and art on cards.
    Every photo---GORGEOUS!
    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look fantastic Lana! You are so incredibly talented - photographer, too? Who knew? I'm sure they'll sell like hotcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful images! (Oh, how I miss Microsoft Works! It was the easiest and best for so many things, printing cards, simple databases, mail merge.... I wish Microsoft would bring something like it back.) Happy Sales!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dori! Yes, Works is wonderful! I don't know what I'll do if it isn't compatible on my next computer!

      Delete