Wednesday, April 16, 2014

What's My Style?


I've been painting more these last several days and most everything is saturated with color! I suppose I'm developing a style something akin to whimsical impressionist folk art. My paintings are usually fun and colorful and are definitely not realistic... but hopefully they do resemble what I had in mind when painting.

I'm also back to painting more churches. I think I'd mentioned this before: My dad was a country preacher, pastored several churches during his lifetime, and held many revivals in the rural areas of middle and east Tennessee where we lived. My series of church paintings is inspired by all the little country churches I attended as a child and still attend as an adult. The one pictured below isn't finished yet. Hopefully I'll get the final touches added today.


Have a lovely Wednesday!
Lana

No comments:

Post a Comment