Thursday, May 10, 2012

I Need Your Expertise, Please


I was taking down a bed today to clear out a room (as part of our renovations) and amongst the boxes under the bed (I'm not the only one that stores boxes under the bed, am I?), I found a box of old silver I had collected over the years.




Most of it is silver plate but I found one old three tine fork with a bone / celluloid / ivory / bakelite (???) handle. I can not find any markings on it like what is on the silver plate pieces.

I can see a faint wood grain type of design in the handle. Can anyone tell me what it is made of and about how old it is? Thanks!


1 comment:

  1. I really have no idea what this fork handle could be, but I love your silver plated silverware!! Do you ever part with some of them??? Hint, hint...?

    I am blog hunting, glad to have found yours! Hello to a fellow Etsyian!

    ReplyDelete