Thursday, January 26, 2012

Photo Story of the World's Longest Yard Sale Pt.3


I completely forgot to show you the rest of the photos from the 2011 World's Longest Yard Sale! The first Photo Story was here, followed by the second installment here. Needless to say, I took LOTS of pictures and had to narrow them down to keep from completely boring you with photos.


The vendors and their modes of transportation were pretty interesting:



Old hardware was not hard to find...
but it was hard to resist:


There was a potter there from Alabama who made face jugs:

There were all kinds of glaze colors and facial expressions. The artist was Mike Williamson and you can find out more about him here. If you visit and comment or make a purchase, tell him Lana from last year's 127 Sale sent you over.


He also made these shown below. Had I seen the white one, I may have had to make another purhase. :)


I think this recycled tin roof art was also at Mike's booth:


I think I found my antique ironstone bowl / wash basin at the Country Boy's Junk booth year before last:


You could find nearly anything there, maybe even a long-lost relative. I loved this portrait and frame, but I think it was pretty expensive. Otherwise, I can't imagine why I didn't buy it!


We felt like we'd traveled around the world by the end of the day...

Burlap coffee sacks ~ I didn't need to start another project so I left each and every one of them behind.


By the time we got to the car, it was looking rainy...


And it's a good thing we left when we did because traffic was beginning to back up on the highway... something that the 127 Sale is well known for:


Jessica and I couldn't pass through the area without stopping here (seen below). Can you guess why???


Mayfield butter pecan ice cream!!! Two scoops, please!!! ;)


What a way to end a day! Slurrrrp!!!

3 comments:

  1. Lana, that looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome market Lana. Love those bottles in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Lana for posting some of my pictures of Face Jugs. We are loading now for this years trip. Brand new kiln load just cooled off. We will be at the same spot. Hope to see you there again.
    Thanks coming by last year. Mike

    ReplyDelete