Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Simply Miscellaneous

I tried to write a title for this post, but it was going to end up looking like an entire paragraph!

There's several things to share so I'll jump right in:
Update: Since I don't want to use my 200th post yet, I'm adding this bit of news here:
Thank you to Chris of Shop Indie Online for featuring my Vintage French Text Paper Wreath today! You may see it and all the other features here: http://www.shopindieonline.com/blog/archives/2390.
~*~

I wanted to share with you my birthday gift from Suzanne / Painter of the Past / Pear Tree Primitives. First of all, she painted this WONDERFUL early American style portrait in colors that I love! It's perfect and matches my decor to a T! She also added some pretty cards made from prints of the portrait, a lovely old tarnished silver platter / tray, and a old, soft leather sewing kit / manicure kit that still has some tools and needles in it! It's great to have a friend who "gets" you, isn't it?



Next, I was going to tell you about the May Apple theme that's going on at American Folk Art right now and show you what I had for sale. I painted a folk art style botanical of the May Apple plant. They grow in abundance here on the plateau in the spring. After listing this watercolor yesterday, it sold last night (thank you dear customer!) but be sure to visit the link to see all the other offerings. Suzanne has some new items listed there too!


Another item I recently made is one of my Bird in Hand pieces. This one is made of linen, cotton, velvet, and paper. Everything has been aged with a coffee / vanilla mixture and smells delicious! If you'd like to purchase it, there's a link at the top left of this page.


And last, but not least, I am very close to my 200th post AND I think I just passed my 2nd year blog anniversary, so....... I'll be having a giveaway in a few days. My next (200th) post will be to announce the details of the giveaway, and my 201st post will be to announce the winner.

Thanks for visiting today!

Take Care & God Bless,
Lana
~*~

9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Lana. :-)

    Love your May Apple painting.

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lana, BEAUtiful, You are indeed blessed to have a friend who get you. They are a rarity,Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm glad you "get" me! :) I'm very blessed to have you as my friend, Lana.

    Your wreaths are so original and lovely, (and I know others have thought so too...I'm so excited for you!!) and your new May Apple painting is beautiful, as is all of your work.

    Happy Mother's Day tomorrow....hope your day is filled with lots of love.

    p.s. I like the new feature you've added at the bottom of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just love the "Bird in the Hand" Lana~ as well as all your work!! Congrats on 200~

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Lana !! simply beautiful !! the bird in the hand is soo amazing !!
    xo,
    beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. What lovely birthday treasures!
    Your new creations are beautiful.
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you had a Happy Happy Birthday!
    I always enjoy seeing yours (and Suzanne's!) latest projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lana, thanks so much for your wonderful comments on my blog...I just checked back on that post and found your comments. I LOVE your 'bird in hand' work, it's so original and the hand even looks like a bird itself! And I'd be honored if you'd add me to your blog! Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete